Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Need a fast, filling, family-pleasing dinner? Look no further. Pasta, chicken, pancetta, cherry tomatoes and garlic bring together this delicious dish. ENJOY!
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces skinless chicken strips
- 2 ounces pancetta, julienne
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot with cold water, add a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil; bring to a boil.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté chicken until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels (keep warm).
- Sauté pancetta in a small skillet on low heat until crispy; drain on a plate lined with paper towels (keep warm).
- To a large-sized, heavy bottomed skillet add 3 tablespoons of oil; heat through. Add the garlic and sauté until slightly browned about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle the basil and oregano over the tomatoes; sauté for 3 minutes or until tomatoes are warmed through and skins slightly blistered.
- Cook pasta as directed, drain and add to the large skillet. Gently toss with the tomato mixture. Add the the cheese and parsley; give another toss. Top with the chicken and pancetta just before serving.