Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice switch to regular Penne Pasta
- 1 lb cut up chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (fat free)
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, halved
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano (undrained)
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta (1 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Spray Dutch oven with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat over high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until browned.
- Remove chicken from Dutch oven; place on plate.
- In same Dutch oven, combine broth, bell pepper, mushroom, tomatoes, and penne; mix well.
- Top with chicken; press into mixture slightly.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover tightly and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat, let stand 5 minutes to finish cooking pasta.
- To serve, ladle mixture into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheese.