Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been making this for years. It's quick and easy to throw together, and it's low in saturated fat. Great with a salad and some garlic bread.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer tomatoes, onion and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and oil. Cook for one additional minute.
- Place pasta in a serving bowl, and spoon bean sauce over the top.
- Add mango, basil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve.
Very nice flavor, and easy to make, and so very filling! I really liked this; my roomie sampled it and loved it! This is a good change of pace from other pasta dishes, and the flavors work better than you might expect... just be sure to use fully ripe mangos for the best falvor (mine were a little lacking in flavor, but they were all I had). Thanks for sharing!
Very tasty but unusual combination. I would have never thought to put mango in pasta sauce. The sweetness was nice with te basil and the beans. Thanks for posting!
I really liked this combination. The basil and mango is sensational. My husband wasn't as happy with it as I was but did eat his serving. I added extra penne to stretch it to serve three and that worked fine. I will make this again but save it for a time when my husband isn't home. Thanks for sharing your recipe.