This is an absolutely fabulous pasta side dish I created to go along with my scallops in white wine sauce. It really highlights the scallops. Hope you enjoy!!
- Cut the asparagus into one inch pieces; reserving the tips.
- Cook asparagus in 5 quarts of water until very tender 6-8 minutes.
- Reserve the water by using a slotted spoon to remove the asparagus to a colander.
- Put the drained asparagus in a food processor.
- Cook the tips for 3-5 minutes until just tender.
- Remove from water with slotted spoon, reserving the water.
- Puree the stems with the lemon zest and oil and 1/2 cup of the asparagus water.
- Cook the pasta in the asparagus water to your liking.
- Drain the pasta saving 2 cups of the water.
- Combine the pasta, asparagus sauce and add asparagus water if the sauce is too thick- a little at a time.
- Stir in tips and grated cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a light dusting of chopped parsley.