1/1 Photo of Penne Pasta With Asparagus Sauce
polly salama's Note:
This is an absolutely fabulous pasta side dish I created to go along with my scallops in white wine sauce. It really highlights the scallops. Hope you enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the asparagus into one inch pieces; reserving the tips.
- 2Cook asparagus in 5 quarts of water until very tender 6-8 minutes.
- 3Reserve the water by using a slotted spoon to remove the asparagus to a colander.
- 4Put the drained asparagus in a food processor.
- 5Cook the tips for 3-5 minutes until just tender.
- 6Remove from water with slotted spoon, reserving the water.
- 7Puree the stems with the lemon zest and oil and 1/2 cup of the asparagus water.
- 8Cook the pasta in the asparagus water to your liking.
- 9Drain the pasta saving 2 cups of the water.
- 10Combine the pasta, asparagus sauce and add asparagus water if the sauce is too thick- a little at a time.
- 11Stir in tips and grated cheese.
- 12Stir until cheese is melted.
- 13Serve with a light dusting of chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Pasta With Asparagus Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 211.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of