Chef #1004963's Note:
This is a real simple recipe for those nights that you don't have a lot of time. You can use any sausage you want to but I have found Italian to taste the best with this meal. For the sauce, you can make your own or use the can. I used the can and it worked wonderfully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the sausage in a frying pan on high until all sides are slight brown. Once they are brown, place over low heat until cooked to preference.
- 2Fill a pot of water to desired amount, and add the 1/8 cup of olive oil to the water. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- 3Once water is at a boil, add in the penne pasta. Let cook to desired texture.
- 4Pour the can of sauce into a sauce pan and add the basil, chili powder, garlic powder and season all. Stir occasionally until sauce is begins to steam.
- 5Take the 4 sausage and cut them into small circular pieces. Once cut, add them to your sauce. Stir occasionally on low heat.
- 6After all you food is done cooking pour the pasta into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sauce. Be sure to stir well to coat all of the pasta.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Pasta With an Italian Sausage Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.7
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 1008.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb spaghetti sauce