Recipe by daronhogan
This is a real simple recipe for those nights that you don't have a lot of time. You can use any sausage you want to but I have found Italian to taste the best with this meal. For the sauce, you can make your own or use the can. I used the can and it worked wonderfully.
- 4 Italian sausages (or your choice of flavor)
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1 (22 1/3 ounce) canhunt's garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage in a frying pan on high until all sides are slight brown. Once they are brown, place over low heat until cooked to preference.
- Fill a pot of water to desired amount, and add the 1/8 cup of olive oil to the water. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Once water is at a boil, add in the penne pasta. Let cook to desired texture.
- Pour the can of sauce into a sauce pan and add the basil, chili powder, garlic powder and season all. Stir occasionally until sauce is begins to steam.
- Take the 4 sausage and cut them into small circular pieces. Once cut, add them to your sauce. Stir occasionally on low heat.
- After all you food is done cooking pour the pasta into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sauce. Be sure to stir well to coat all of the pasta.