Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple and easy pasta dish. Add some mushrooms, peas, shredded carrots, and cubed (cooked) chicken for a complete meal.
- 12 ounces penne pasta (cooked to al dente)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the rosemary and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Penne pasta, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Toss to coat and let reduce 2-3 minutes, gently stirring, or until lightly thickened.
- Add Parmesan to taste, tossing to combine and heat through. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with parsley.
Incredible, flavorful recipe! This is absolutely restaurant quality, my entire family enjoyed it. I would recommend making a double batch, my family of four with picky DS 4 and DD 7 had absolutely NO leftovers! I made this basically as directed, but here are my notes: Browned some diced chicken to toss with the pasta at the end. I would say that FRESH rosemary makes a big difference here, the flavor really comes through. I did use 1 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup of whole milk. I cooked it more like an alfredo, adding the cheese to the cream to thoroughly melt it and reduce it before adding in the pasta and cooking down some more. Tossed in the chicken and WOW!
Absolutely delicious! I added garlic to the sauce, but otherwise made this as written. I liked the idea of adding mushrooms after reading the recipe intro, so I added them. This is a really good meatless pasta dish with very little time and effort involved. Thanx for sharing!
We really enjoyed this! We eat pasta roni because that is what my DSs like and this is a better, non-preservative added version. Everyone had seconds and 2yr DS only ate this for dinner! Will make again! Made for I Recommend Tag.