dcwang wang's Note:
I got this from www.diabetes.org when I was looking for new recipes to fix for my grandmother. My grandmother is diabetic, so I always visit these sites. This is easy, Asian style. I had never sauteed or stir-fried anything, but this turned out well. Just make sure not to overcook the vegetables as I did, or else it will stick to the pan. I did not use green pea. I made my own variation of vegetables; okra, carrots, green beans, red and green bell peppers. I also added a mushroom, and I used its water to substitute chicken broth. Mushroom broth is really good in soups!! Also, use sesame oil if you want it more oriental style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large thinly sliced carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups cooked penne pasta
- 1 fresh ground pepper, to taste
variations of mine
- 1Combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- 2Chop the vegetables into thin pieces and prepare others.
- 3Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- 4Add the carrots and garlic (with bell peppers if desired), stir-fry for five minutes.
- 5Add the snow peas and lower heat to medium low.
- 6Add red pepper flakes.
- 7Add sauce that was prepared in Step 1.
- 8Add pasta and bring to a boil.
- 9Cook for 2 minutes.
- 10Turn off the heat.
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Pasta Stir-Fry (Asian-Style)
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 523.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
fresh ground pepper