Recipe by peterjanet72
Taste of Greece in a Penne pasta salad- great for BBQ or picnic sides etc.
Top Review by Susie D
I used miniature penne pasta, added celery, italian parsley, and kalamata olives. I also reduced the oil by half. The salad went together easily, was colorful, & was a nice addition to a BBQ meal. Next time I would add a t of sugar, but would make it again. Made for Fall'09 Pick A Chef.
- 1 (450 g) package penne pasta, boiled as per pkg. directions
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thin sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thin sliced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thin sliced
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the dressing ingredients except the cheeses in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine pasta, peppers , tomato, and onion in another bowl.
- Pour dressing over pasta mix, add feta and mix well.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cool and refrigerate 4-5 hours to blend the flavours.