Recipe by CrystalA
I love the Penne Napoli you can get at Macaroni Grill. This recipe is as close as I can get, when I dont get a chance to eat out there. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Mermaid
I've never been to Macaroni Grill but I love penne and thought I'd give your recipe a try. It was wonderful! I used 1 can regular diced tomatoes and 1 can tomatoes with jalapeno - no need for the pepper flakes! Thanks for posting.
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansof petite diced tomatoes (I use the kind canned with garlic and olive oil)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how hot you like it)
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 6 -8 pieces fresh ovolini mozzarella cheese