Recipe by Wendy W88
I came up with this recipe one night, just rumaging through the pantry and fridge, wanting to make something simple and quick with what I had on hand, that the kids would enjoy as well!
- 1 (1 lb) boxof mini penne pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced in half and crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in medium saucepan about 9 minutes, or according to directions on box.
- About 5 minutes into boiling, add garlic, onion and pine nuts to melted butter in deep skillet or saute pan. Cook 2-4 minutes on medium-high heat, or until onions are crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes with juice and cook additional 2 minutes, or until tomatoes are heated through.
- Add spinach and gently toss until leaves are JUST wilted and immediately remove from heat.
- After pasta has been drained, add skillet ingredients, tossing well.
- Crumble feta, if it did not come that way, and add to pasta, tossing gently.
- Drizzle with just enough olive oil to lightly coat pasta.