Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on "Viking Recipe" website and gave it a try to rave reviews from my son Sam.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1 cup whipping cream
- freshly grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Place the prosciutto, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes in a large skillet with the olive oil and saute on med.
- low for about 15 minutes, until onion and garlic are golden.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the vodka.
- Return the pan to the stove and raise heat to med.
- high stirring to loosen any brown bits and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil, reduce slightly before adding the whipping cream.
- Boil until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta well and toss with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!
This recipe received rave reviews in my home. The best vodka sauce we have ever had (even out) and it will be going on my monthly meal planner. The only change I made was running the final product in the blender for about a minute since we like a smoother consistency but otherwise Faboo!!!