1/2 Photos of Penne in Vodka Sauce
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it's easy and tasty. Plan ahead as you need to marinate the red peppers in vodka for 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak red peppers in vodka for 24 hours.
- 2Combine cream, butter and tomatoes in heavy large saucepan. Simmer until reduced by 1/3, about 12 minutes.
- 3Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and add to sauce. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Discard red peppers, and add vodka to pasta.
- 4Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Mix in 3/4 cup Parmesan and parsley.
- 5Serve immediately, passing additional Parmesan and pepper separately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne in Vodka Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1393.0
- Calories from Fat 858
- Total Fat 95.3 g
- Saturated Fat 58.3 g
- Cholesterol 310.2 mg
- Sodium 559.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried red peppers