Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Incredibly rich side....not a recipe for dieters, but it tastes absolutely heavenly! Adding a little cream to the leftovers and stirring will help the leftovers be creamy.
- 340.19 g penne pasta
- 59.14 ml butter, plus
- 29.58 ml butter
- 354.88 ml whipping cream
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, preferably al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan until it starts to bubble and foam. Pour in cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked pasta, stirring to coat well; then stir in the Parmesan cheese until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
So easy and great flavor! Made with parmesan/reggiano cheese. Seasoned with garlic salt and pepper. Will be making this again; both DS LOVE boxed Pasta Roni, but this is so much better for them since it does not have all the preservatives and powdered sauce. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet.
This is a rich, easy dish! I followed the recipe, as written, except I reduced it for 2. I also added a bit of basil at the end, as I had some fresh on hand, and I thought the flavor was excellent! It would have been great without the basil also! This would be delish as a main course, with some chicken or a couple of meatballs thrown in...Thanks for sharing, The Wallaces!