Recipe by lazyme
This sounds like a nice pasta dish. From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook.
Top Review by mcgall32
This was amazing!!! I put the pasta and the sauce in a 9 by 13 pyrex container with some extra cheese sprinkled on top and put it in a 175 degree oven for 5 minutes, even better!!!!!!
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot of boiling water, cook garlic 3 minutes, until softened.
- With slotted spoon, remove garlic from water.
- Mince garlic; set aside.
- In same pot of boiling water, cook broccoli 3 minutes, until bright green and just softened.
- With slotted spoon, remove broccoli from water; set aside.
- In same pot of boiling water, cook penne 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- Drain, discarding liquid; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, with wire whisk, combine milk and flour, blending until flour is dissolved.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, 4 minutes, until mixture is bubbling and thickened; stir in minced garlic.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, pepper and salt to milk mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until cheeses are melted.
- Stir in cooked broccoli and penne; cook, stirring frequently, just until heated through.
- SERVING (1 1/2 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1 Milk, 1 1/2 Vegetables, 1 Protein, 2 Breads, 10 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 384 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 4 g Saturated Fat, 21 mg Cholesterol, 590 mg Sodium, 56 g Total Carbohydrate, 5 g Dietary Fiber, 27 g Protein, 673 mg Calcium; 7 points.