This is a variation of a recipe that was in Bon Apetit magazine years ago. This is a great dish to prepare for a friend or neighbor when they need a little help! I always get rave reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions and garlic in butter and olive oil until golden brown and tender, about 7 minutes.
- 2Add sausage, breaking it up as it cooks until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- 3Add wine and boil until liquid almost evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes with juice from can and simmer 3 minutes.
- 5Add half and half and simmer until sauce slightly thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 6While sauce is cooking boil penne in salted water.
- 8Add to sauce and toss with cheese.
- 9Serve with a green salad, Italian bread, and more cheese!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne in Cream Sauce With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (939 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1054.4
- Calories from Fat 475
- Total Fat 52.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.5 mg
- Sodium 2432.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 35.9 g