Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a variation of a recipe that was in Bon Apetit magazine years ago. This is a great dish to prepare for a friend or neighbor when they need a little help! I always get rave reviews.
- Saute onions and garlic in butter and olive oil until golden brown and tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add sausage, breaking it up as it cooks until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add wine and boil until liquid almost evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice from can and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add half and half and simmer until sauce slightly thickens, about 5 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking boil penne in salted water.
- Add to sauce and toss with cheese.
- Serve with a green salad, Italian bread, and more cheese!