Recipe by AngelicFantasia
From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Abby Girl
I have been making this dish for some years now....finding it in the Bon Appetit archives. I did made one small change though.....in the original recipe it calls for hot Italian sausage, I used mild (personal preference). This is fast, easy and really good!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 lb penne
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage, onion and garic and saute until golden brown and tender, about 7 minutes.
- Drain any excess dripping from skillet.
- Add wine to skillet and boil until almost all liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 4 tablespoons parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water until firm to bite.
- Drain; transfer to large bowl.
- Bring sauce to simmer.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons parsley.