Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe for when you want something light for dinner.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Cook the broccoli in salted water until firm, but tender about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove broccoli with slotted spoon to large bowl; set aside.
- Bring water to boil, add penne pasta and cook as directed on package, drain and place in bowl with broccoli.
- Heat large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; cook and stir until onion and garlic are tender.
- Pour over broccoli and pasta.
- Add the ham.
- Gently toss ingredients to coat with oil.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Very easy, quick dinner. My kids really enjoyed this.