Recipe by erinBOberrin
Although I usually post healthy recipes, this one does not fall into that category! It is rich, creamy and decadent. If you like cream sauces, watch out!! This is a recipe my husband developed based on a dish at an Italian restaurant. I think his is just as good.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (preferably Italian-marinated)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill or broil chicken breasts; slice into thin strips.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Toss with olive oil, return to pot.
- While pasta and chicken are cooking, melt butter in medium saucepan, heat to boiling, stirring constantly, boil 1 minute.
- Slowly add heavy cream, heat to a boil to reduce, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add Gorgonzola, parmesan and nutmeg.
- Stir until melted.
- Serve sauce over noodles, top with chicken and chopped tomatoes.