Recipe by Elisabetta47
This is a very authentic, delicious, and unusual pasta. Don't be afraid of the anchovies. They melt into the other flavors and enhance without being noticable.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 10 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive, black italian, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 lb penne
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 4 T olive oil in large skillet over medium heat & saute garlic & chili pepper until garlic is golden.
- Reduce heat to low. Add anchovies & mash gently with a wooden spoon until a paste is formed.
- Add capers & olives & stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes & tomato sauce & simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the penne according to package directions.
- Heat remaining oil in a small skillet, add bread crumbs & saute until golden brown.
- Add cooked & drained penne to sauce, toss well, & taste for salt.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs & serve immediately.