1 hr 15 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
A light vinaigrette tossed with pasta, fresh produce and sautéed tofu makes this salad a hit. Good served with a sandwich or crusty bread and some fruit. Prep time is chilling time. Some of this salad can easily be made a day ahead. The recipe comes from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (8-ounces tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups cut green beans, 2 inch (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1To prepare salad, pat tofu dry with paper towel.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add tofu; saute 5 minutes, browning on all sides.
- 4Remove from pan; chill 30 minutes.
- 5Cook pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes; add beans and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 7Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- 8Combine tofu, pasta mixture, tomatoes, and dill in a large bowl.
- 9To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- 10Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- 11Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 12Yield; 8 servings 1 1/2 cups each.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne, Crispy Tofu, and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 224.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.2 g