Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
A light vinaigrette tossed with pasta, fresh produce and sautéed tofu makes this salad a hit. Good served with a sandwich or crusty bread and some fruit. Prep time is chilling time. Some of this salad can easily be made a day ahead. The recipe comes from Cooking Light.
- 1 (15 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (8-ounces tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups cut green beans, 2 inch (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar or 1⁄4 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- To prepare salad, pat tofu dry with paper towel.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu; saute 5 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Remove from pan; chill 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes; add beans and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- Combine tofu, pasta mixture, tomatoes, and dill in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Yield; 8 servings 1 1/2 cups each.
Well, I didn't have the dill, lemon juice and I substitued sherry vinegar for the red wine vinegar. I also made more dressing. I tasted it before chilling and it's pretty good! I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow. I will definitely make this again with the proper ingredients.
This is a delicious, healthy salad! It is a great way to introduce tofu to your friends (and family) who think they don't like it. I have made this many times and it always gets rave reviews.