Recipe by MissTiff16
This is one of my personal FAVS!! Penne tossed in a mascarpone cream sauce with cremini mushrooms, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts. From Cafe Lucci :O) If you plan on trying this don't skimp on those ingredients -- The flavors from the mushrooms and tomatoes blend so wonderfully!! When you salt and pepper to taste, the sauce thins out real well so test it out after mixing it with the pasta ;O) This recipe says it's for 2 -- I put 2-4 because the portions are huge!!! Enjoy!
- 1 lb penne
- 1 cup cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (I like to slice them into thick strips)
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 8 stalks asparagus, blanched and chopped (diagonally)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (freshly grated works & tastes the best)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a 5-quart pot with salted water to a boil and add pasta.
- Preheat sauté pan and melt butter.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream. Bring to a boil and add sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce cream by about ¼. Add mascarpone, stirring to incorporate, then the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and reduce heat. Sauce should have a medium thick consistency.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and return to pot. Stir in sauce and Parmesan.
- To serve, place in 2 bowls and top with walnuts.
- Suggested wine: 2002 Distant Bay Pinot Noir, Monterey County.