1/1 Photo of Penne Con La Sardine (Baked Pasta and Sardines)
Pasta and sardines baked in the oven are wonderful. The salty flavours of the sardines go so well together with the pasta, feta cheese and that bit of cream. Rich and full of flavours. For this recipe you can use sardines fillets, but you can also use whole fish. Sometimes, when I'm too lazy, I use the whole fish for this recipe and serve it that way. Every guest can take as many as he wants. And it is a lot of fun. Brings back memories of Italia, sitting in one of those little fish restaurants and enjoying fresh fish. For this recipe you should always use fresh fish. Serve it with some bread and a glass of a dry white white wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven (390 F, 200 C).
- 2Cook Penne according to package directions, but only until hardly al dente.
- 3Meanwhile put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an oven proof dish.
- 4Salt and pepper sardines to taste and arrange them in a single layer in the dish.
- 5Combine cream, tomato puree and thyme leaves. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6When pasta are cooked drain them (but do not rinse them) and arrange them over the fish.
- 7Spread the cream-tomato mixture evenly over pasta. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- 8Crumble feta cheese over the sauce. Place butter in little pieces on top and put in the oven.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
- 10NOTE: if you like it a bit more saucy use 3/4 cup of cream and 2 tablespoons of tomato puree.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Con La Sardine (Baked Pasta and Sardines)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.9
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 215.3 mg
- Sodium 774.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 35.0 g