1/1 Photo of Penne Con Gorgonzola E Pomodoro
Penne with Gorgonzola Cheese and Tomatoes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add chopped onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- 3Stir in chopped tomatoes and basil. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, using spoon, beat butter with Gorgonzola cheese until blended.
- 5Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Return pasta to pot.
- 6Whisk Gorgonzola cheese mixture into tomato sauce.
- 7Add sauce to pasta and stir to coat.
- 8Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Con Gorgonzola E Pomodoro
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 993.7
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 1149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g