Penne with Gorgonzola Cheese and Tomatoes
Make and share this Penne Con Gorgonzola E Pomodoro recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and basil. Cook until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using spoon, beat butter with Gorgonzola cheese until blended.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Return pasta to pot.
- Whisk Gorgonzola cheese mixture into tomato sauce.
- Add sauce to pasta and stir to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve.