1/1 Photo of Penne Con Funghi E Melanzane
1 hr 20 mins
Be Nutritious's Note:
This pasta dish is great with porcini mushrooms but they might be a little bit pricey so just regular crimini or portobello mushrooms will do fine. Also romano or parmesan cheese is an awesome addition for the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the eggplant and place on a plate covered with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and leave aside for 1 hour. It will help to get rid of the bitter taste that eggplant sometimes might have.
- 2After 1 hour clean the eggplant under cold running water and pat dry.
- 3Chop the eggplant and mushrooms into cubes.
- 4In a skillet melt the oil with 1 Tbsp butter. Add onion and saute until soft. Add garlic, rosemary, eggplant and mushrooms and leave simmering for 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
- 5Pour wine and wait until absorbed. Pour stock and leave simmering for roughly 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile cook the pasta according to a package instructions.
- 7Add some hot water from the pasta to a cream and mix until combined. Pour over the sauce, stir and simmer few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with some parmesan or romano cheese sprinkled on a top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Con Funghi E Melanzane
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 34.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: