Prep 50 mins
Cook 40 mins
High in protein, low in fat, this dish is packed with flavor! Taste the freshness in every yummy bite!
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium if you like)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk (skim or lowfat if you like)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups penne, cooked
- Coarsely chop the sundried tomatoes, cover with hot broth and let stand for 30 minutes. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, green onions, garlic and capers.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mushrooms become soft. Add red wine and tomatoes and heat through. Remove from skillet.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Add tomato-mushroom mixture, heat to boiling, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Combine milk, cornstarch and dried basil and mix well. Stir into tomato mixture and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Lightly boil for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Serve tomato mixture and chicken over penne pasta.
I've had this recipe bookmarked for a few months now and finally got around to making it. It was so good, I don't know why I didn't make it sooner! The only change I made was to use fresh basil instead of dried. It was wonderful with a good cabernet. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef and I will definately make it again!