Recipe by SuzieQ in Fairfax
High in protein, low in fat, this dish is packed with flavor! Taste the freshness in every yummy bite!
Top Review by DesertRose15
I've had this recipe bookmarked for a few months now and finally got around to making it. It was so good, I don't know why I didn't make it sooner! The only change I made was to use fresh basil instead of dried. It was wonderful with a good cabernet. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef and I will definately make it again!
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium if you like)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk (skim or lowfat if you like)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups penne, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop the sundried tomatoes, cover with hot broth and let stand for 30 minutes. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, green onions, garlic and capers.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mushrooms become soft. Add red wine and tomatoes and heat through. Remove from skillet.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Add tomato-mushroom mixture, heat to boiling, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Combine milk, cornstarch and dried basil and mix well. Stir into tomato mixture and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Lightly boil for 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Serve tomato mixture and chicken over penne pasta.