Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on a container of grape tomatoes. It is an amazingly simple, great tasting dish. I usually omit the mushrooms as my SO is not a fan of them.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 2 cups arugula or 2 cups spinach
- 6 ounces chicken broth
- 3 ounces butter (2/3 stick)
- 4 ounces grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces penne pasta (cooked and drained)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh basil
- Lightly saute garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and cook 1 minute more.
- finish by adding chicken broth, butter, arugula or spinach, basil and cheese. Stir until heated.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
I enjoyed this pasta so much. I left out the butter on purpose and only used 1/2 the tomatoes accidentally but it still turned out awesome. In place of the butter I used 1 T of olive oil to start the saute-ing. I did use the best cheese tho so it was still rich enough