1/3 Photos of Penne Arrabiatta
This is my all-time favorite pasta dish, especially since it's non-dairy. I like it hot, but you can adjust the red pepper flakes to make it as hot or mild as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until transparent.
- 2Add crushed tomatoes and spices and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 3Cook pasta in lightly salted, boiling water until cooked el dente.
- 4Drain pasta and place back in the pot and add some of the sauce and gently toss until coated.
- 5While serving, add additional sauce if desired and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 6Left over sauce can be refrigerated or frozen and reheated.
- 7Use a bit more red pepper if you prefer it hotter.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Arrabiatta
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g