This is my all-time favorite pasta dish, especially since it's non-dairy. I like it hot, but you can adjust the red pepper flakes to make it as hot or mild as you like.
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil until transparent.
- Add crushed tomatoes and spices and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted, boiling water until cooked el dente.
- Drain pasta and place back in the pot and add some of the sauce and gently toss until coated.
- While serving, add additional sauce if desired and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Left over sauce can be refrigerated or frozen and reheated.
- Use a bit more red pepper if you prefer it hotter.