Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is real comfort food, but don't count the calories!
- 12 ounces penne
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 85 g blue cheese, of choice (I use Blaukrantz a local blue cheese in S. Africa)
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 25 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch chili flakes (optional)
- freshly ground salt and black pepper, for seasoning
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes, adding the spinach to the pan for the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain well then tip the pasta and spinach into a shallow baking dish along with the crumbled blue cheese,pinch of chili flakes if using and seasoning to taste.
- Put spoonfuls of the mascarpone cheese all over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan then grill for 5 minutes until the mascarpone melts and the top turns a golden brown.
- Serve with grilled tomatoes and a green salad.