Recipe by carolinafan
Nice and cheesy.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
This was a great little casserole! I used 1 cup of milk after reading some reviews and I was worried that it wasn't going to be enough "sauce" for all of the pasta (I used 3 cups). After I baked it, I realized that I was wrong because it got really good. I usually stay away from recipes with a cream soup in them because I think they all kind of taste the same but this one did not disappoint. It was simple and easy and my entire family liked it. Thanks for posting! I will make this again.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb fully cooked kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar French-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and soup. Stir in 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup cheese, peas and sausage.
- Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.