Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light, April 2006.
Top Review by Kirsten E.
Left out the wine and just added 2 shallots, chopped and fried with the garlic. Used the pasta I had on hand. Other than that I followed the recipe and it was a hit all round even with my 6 year old son. Thanks for the great recipe Vino Girl.
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut into (1-inch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from heat; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic is soft.
- Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil.