Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb penne
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup creamy caesar salad dressing
- salt & pepper
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil.
- Drop in the broccoli and blanch until tender but still crunchy, about 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
- Cook the penne in the boiling water until al dente.
- Drain in a colander.
- Place in the bowl with the broccoli.
- Stir in the tomato, pine nuts, basil, and dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill until 30 minutes before serving, then bring to room temperature.