Recipe by drbecca26
The reworking of a recipe I got from someone else that I tweaked beyond all recognition... My serving size is pretty small because I like to enjoy pasta as a course rather than as the huge main focus of a meal. This is also a brilliant sauce to serve over gnocchi, if you feel so inclined, and I often do.
- 5 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 pinch onion powder, a tiny pinch
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, a pinch
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- toasted pine nuts, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta and cook according to package directions, reserving some of cooking water when draining.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain artichoke hearts well, add to skillet and saute 3 to4 minutes.
- Add cheese and heavy cream. Simmer a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Season with black pepper, onion powder and red pepper then set aside.
- Add hot, drained pasta to sauce mixture, thinning if needed with pasta cooking liquid.
- Toss with minced parsley then transfer to serving vessel.
- Top with toasted pine nuts then serve at once.