Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a healthy recipe I got from a magazine clipping.
Make and share this Penne All'arrabbiata recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon organic parsley flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon organic basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked according to package directions
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chop 1 garlic clove.
- Heat 1 T oil in a 3 quart sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining 2 garlic cloves.
- Heat 1 T oil in 12" skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until just beginning to turn pale gold.
- Add parsley, basil and crushed red pepper;.
- cook for 30 seconds.
- Add wine and boil for 30 seconds.
- Stir into the tomato mixture;.
- Add salt and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Toss sauce with hot pasta in large serving bowl.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 T oil.
- Serve with parmesan and garnish with additional parsley and basil, if desired.