Recipe Junkie's Note:
This is a healthy recipe I got from a magazine clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon organic parsley flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon organic basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked according to package directions
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Chop 1 garlic clove.
- 2Heat 1 T oil in a 3 quart sauce pan over medium heat.
- 3Add chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 4Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining 2 garlic cloves.
- 5Heat 1 T oil in 12" skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until just beginning to turn pale gold.
- 7Add parsley, basil and crushed red pepper;.
- 8cook for 30 seconds.
- 9Add wine and boil for 30 seconds.
- 10Stir into the tomato mixture;.
- 11Add salt and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- 12Toss sauce with hot pasta in large serving bowl.
- 13Drizzle with remaining 1 T oil.
- 14Serve with parmesan and garnish with additional parsley and basil, if desired.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne All'arrabbiata
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1084.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 17.0 g