Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A rich and hearty pasta dish
Make and share this Penne alla Vodka recipe from Food.com.
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 ounces chopped prosciutto
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 pint light cream
- 1 lb cooked penne
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add onions and shallot and saute about 2 min.
- Add tomato paste and prosciutto and vodka stirring to mix.
- Add crushed tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer one hour.
- Remove from heat and add light cream.
- Serve over cooked penne.
Superb sauce. I have made it for my entire family.
Really excellent recipe. I keep kosher, so I had to leave out the prosciutto, but it was still a very good recipe. I also added some parmesan cheese to it after I had finished cooking it, which added even more flavor.
Awesome recipe! Best I have found. Simple, elegant, delicious.