Recipe by Bri22
THE ABSOLUTE BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA ANYWHERE!! CREAMY, RICH, TOMATO, VODKA SAUCE, WITH PROSCUITTO. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THIS DISH!! *tip* squeeze the tomatoes to drain them so the sauce isnt watery
Top Review by Fantasygirl3127
I did make a few minor modifications to this recipe. I had made it twice before and decided to change it. I added 3 shallots to the first step and used crushed tomatoes since we don't favor a chunky sauce, and I added some oregano. However, I STILL had to puree everything in a blender so that the prosciutto flavor blended better. My husband and sister loved it! I guess the third time really is the charm. This got added to my recipe collection, we'll definitely be making again.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 3-4 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced prosciutto
- 793.78 g can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml vodka (only a kind you would drink)
- salt and pepper
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 453.59 g penne pasta
- 177.44 ml freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wide pot big enough to hold all the pasta and sauce, melt the butter.
- add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
- stir in the proscuitto and cook for a a minute or two.
- add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, pepper and salt.
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes stirring alot.
- add the vodka and cook until it no longer smells strongly of vodka (about 3-5 minutes).
- cook the pasta as directed on box but al dente.
- add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
- toss with the cheese and serve immediately.