THE ABSOLUTE BEST PENNE ALLA VODKA ANYWHERE!! CREAMY, RICH, TOMATO, VODKA SAUCE, WITH PROSCUITTO. I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THIS DISH!! *tip* squeeze the tomatoes to drain them so the sauce isnt watery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 cup thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup vodka (only a kind you would drink)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a wide pot big enough to hold all the pasta and sauce, melt the butter.
- add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
- stir in the proscuitto and cook for a a minute or two.
- add the tomatoes, crushed pepper, pepper and salt.
- simmer for 5 minutes.
- stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes stirring alot.
- add the vodka and cook until it no longer smells strongly of vodka (about 3-5 minutes).
- cook the pasta as directed on box but al dente.
- add the pasta to the pot with the sauce and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
- toss with the cheese and serve immediately.