Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in Food Network 1,000 Easy Recipes Super Fun Food for Every Day. This is very good. The amount of butter isn't listed, so I improvised. For the basil, it calls for a handful, and I figured it depended on the size of your hand (mine are child-sized) and your personal preference. Serving size is estimated.
- Cook shallots in a skillet with butter over medium heat, 3 minutes.
- Add 1 minced garlic clove and a pinch of red pepper flakes and cook 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vodka, crushed tomatoes, and salt to taste.
- Simmer, stirring, 7 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and simmer until thickened, 3 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and the basil.
- Toss with cooked penne, adding some pasta-cooking water to loosen.