Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to make and yummy pasta recipe that I found in an Italian cookbook. I make it especially when I don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. It smells like pizza, and tastes like pasta ;) Hope you enjoy it as much as we do here!
- 1 lb pasta (penne)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (diced or pureed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Bring water to a boil. Add penne and cook approximately 3-4 min less then stated on the package.
- Without heating the oil first, put all ingredients: olive oil, garlic, tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper in a pan and cook for about 30min on medium heat.
- Drain the pasta and toss in a casserole dish.
- Add the cooked tomato sauce.
- Then the mozzarella cut into small pieces.
- Add some oregano on top.
- And finally a little bit of olive oil all over the pasta.
- Bake for about 5-10 minute in the oven (high heat) until the mozzarella melts.
- Enjoy, Buon appetito!
This was pretty good. It didn't seem like enough sauce for the full box of pasta; about 2/3 would work better for us. Also used a little more cheese. Nice flavor.