1/2 Photos of Penne Alla Pizzaiola (Penne Pizza-Style)
This is an easy to make and yummy pasta recipe that I found in an Italian cookbook. I make it especially when I don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen. It smells like pizza, and tastes like pasta ;) Hope you enjoy it as much as we do here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil. Add penne and cook approximately 3-4 min less then stated on the package.
- 2Without heating the oil first, put all ingredients: olive oil, garlic, tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper in a pan and cook for about 30min on medium heat.
- 3Drain the pasta and toss in a casserole dish.
- 4Add the cooked tomato sauce.
- 5Then the mozzarella cut into small pieces.
- 6Add some oregano on top.
- 7And finally a little bit of olive oil all over the pasta.
- 8Bake for about 5-10 minute in the oven (high heat) until the mozzarella melts.
- 9Enjoy, Buon appetito!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Alla Pizzaiola (Penne Pizza-Style)
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 743.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.5 g