Recipe by threeovens
Easy to make with ordinary and inexpensive grocery store ingredients.
Top Review by under12parsecs
Very tasty and very easy. Loved the mint in the ricotta and the pop from the basil, and the burst tomatoes were fantastic! I used datilini pasta and grape tomatoes, otherwise followed directions.
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, reserving 1/2 cup or so of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep skillet over medium low heat and cook the garlic about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high add eggplant and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook about 12 minutes, stirring once, until tomatoes burst.
- Meanwhile combine ricotta and mint.
- Add pasta and basil to tomato mixture and stir; add pasta water if needed.
- Serve pasta in bowls, topped with ricotta mixture; garnish with shaved Parmesan.