Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make with ordinary and inexpensive grocery store ingredients.
- 1 lb penne rigate
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, reserving 1/2 cup or so of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep skillet over medium low heat and cook the garlic about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high add eggplant and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook about 12 minutes, stirring once, until tomatoes burst.
- Meanwhile combine ricotta and mint.
- Add pasta and basil to tomato mixture and stir; add pasta water if needed.
- Serve pasta in bowls, topped with ricotta mixture; garnish with shaved Parmesan.
Very tasty and very easy. Loved the mint in the ricotta and the pop from the basil, and the burst tomatoes were fantastic! I used datilini pasta and grape tomatoes, otherwise followed directions.