Easy to make with ordinary and inexpensive grocery store ingredients.
Make and share this Penne Alla Norma recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, reserving 1/2 cup or so of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep skillet over medium low heat and cook the garlic about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high add eggplant and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook about 12 minutes, stirring once, until tomatoes burst.
- Meanwhile combine ricotta and mint.
- Add pasta and basil to tomato mixture and stir; add pasta water if needed.
- Serve pasta in bowls, topped with ricotta mixture; garnish with shaved Parmesan.