Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Like Pesto? Then this twist will give you a new love for it. a Little involved but worth the effort!
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 16 ounces dried mini penne pasta
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain and set aside.
- Peel garlic and sauté in 1/2 of olive oil for 2-5 minutes until tender on low heat. Puree garlic in food processor with 1/4 cup oil, basil and rosemary to make pesto.
- Add pesto, green onion, chicken and cheese to pasta; mix very well.
- Drizzle and toss with olive oil (up to 1/4 cup) until desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.