Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is from The River Cafe (London), my favorite restaurant! Totally rich and sinful.
- 7 ounces pancetta, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- ground pepper (fresh)
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 ounces cream
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 9 ounces penne
- In a large pan fry the pancetta in olive oil, slowly, so that it releases its own fat before becoming crisp. Add some black pepper.
- Beat the egg yolks with the cream and season with salt and pepper. Add half of the parmesan.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne (according to package directions) in a large pot of salted boiling water and then drain thoroughly.
- Combine immediately with the hot pancetta and the oil, and then pour in the cream mixture. Stir to coat each pasta piece; the heat from the hot pasta will cook the egg slightly.
- Finally add the remaining Parmesan and serve.
The REAL McCoy! Don't scrimp on any of the ingredients! It is worth every calorie!