1/1 Photo of Penne Alfredo for One
Here’s a recipe for all my single friends out there. Just because you’re cooking for one doesn’t mean you can’t indulge every now and again. You'll love this creamy sauce and it's fresh Italian appeal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces penne pasta (I like Dreamfields)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or a little more, about a small handful)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 slices bacon (fully cooked and crumbled)
- 2 basil leaves (cut into tiny ribbons)
- 1/16 cup diced roma tomato ((to taste)
- 1Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 3In a very small sauce pan melt butter over low heat.
- 4Add in garlic and onion, sauté till soft.
- 5Pour in cream, bring to slow boil stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan, stir till melted inches.
- 7Add Nutmeg and bacon. Stir.
- 8Add Pasta to sauce toss till covered.
- 9Right before serving toss in basil and garnish with the diced roma tomatoes.
- 10WhaLaa, Delish! Add the remaining diced tomato to a nice green salad and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne Alfredo for One
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.0
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 180.9 mg
- Sodium 686.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 16.8 g