Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from The New Complete Book Of Pasta. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds wonderful. So I want to keep it saved here for a later date.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄4 lb mascarpone
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces brandy
- 2 tablespoons mild tomato sauce
- 12 walnuts (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces penne pasta (cooked al dente)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Start the pasta.
- In saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, then mascarpone.
- Stir in the cream, brandy, tomato sauce and walnuts.
- Remove from heat.
- Once pasta is cooked, set the cheese sauce back on low heat.
- Add cooked pasta and toss with sauce.
- Sprinkle with half the grated cheese and season with black pepper.
- Toss again and taste for seasoning.
- Add Salt.
- Toss again.
- Serve in hot bowls and garnish with parsley and rest of the grated cheese.