Recipe by Sharon123
This is a recipe from Pierce Brosnan's favorite Santa Monica restaurant, Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi, and said to be one of his favorite dishes.
Top Review by awalde
Wow! This was sooo delicious!
I used frozen Porcini and fresh Roma tomatoes. I didn't imagine that this would be such a big hit!
I exchanged the penne with pasta fresca (Recipe #272848) and everything was a dream together!
The recipe is perfect! Thanks a lot for posting this recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced (or dried and reconstituted in 1/2 cup water, save the soaking liquid)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chopped peeled tomatoes, liquid drained
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for passing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté the sliced porcini mushrooms with the garlic and parsley till tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and let it all simmer until the wine evaporates, about 5-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes(If you have used reconstituted porcini mushrooms, add the reserved soaking liquid now) and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the penne until al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce together with the grated cheese. Let cook for 2 minutes at low heat. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve piping hot. Pass extra cheese for sprinkling. Enjoy!