Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
5 Weight Watchers points per cup.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- In large nonstick saucepan, heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring as needed, until softened (about five minutes.).
- Stir in red pepper flakes and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is slightly thickened (about 10 minutes.).
- During this, you also want to start cooking the pasta.
- Stir in parsley, milk, and vodka (to the sauce.) Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Place cooked penne in large serving bowl, add tomato mixture and toss to coat.
I love this recipe. My husband and I make this all the time.