Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Show: Everyday Italian
Make and share this Penne a La Carbonara - Giada De Laurentiis recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large saute pan, until hot.
- Add pancetta and saute until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in Parmesan, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- In a large pot, boil 6 quarts of salted boiling water.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander.
- Do not rinse with water; you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick.
- While the pasta is still hot, return it back to the pot.
- Add the browned pancetta and mix well.
- Add the cream mixture and coat the pasta completely.
- It's important to work quickly while the pasta is still warm so that the cream mixture will cook, but not curdle.
- Add remaining Parmesan and chopped parsley.