Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis Show: Everyday Italian
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large saute pan, until hot.
- 2Add pancetta and saute until golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
- 3Season with black pepper and remove pan from heat.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and cream.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Stir in Parmesan, reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- 7In a large pot, boil 6 quarts of salted boiling water.
- 8Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 9Drain pasta in a colander.
- 10Do not rinse with water; you want to retain the pasta's natural starches so that the sauce will stick.
- 11While the pasta is still hot, return it back to the pot.
- 12Add the browned pancetta and mix well.
- 13Add the cream mixture and coat the pasta completely.
- 14It's important to work quickly while the pasta is still warm so that the cream mixture will cook, but not curdle.
- 15Add remaining Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne a La Carbonara - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.9
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 385.5 mg
- Sodium 599.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: