Recipe by Rita~
A quick and easy meatless meal. Nice and garlicy! Serve with a crisp salad and fresh crusty bread!
Top Review by WiGal
Perfect! I did use a whole wheat penne but otherwise made as posted. Love the crunch of the pine nuts. We had this along with banana bread for an outstanding and filling lunch. Thank you Rita for a wonderful vegetarian entree. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag.
- 16 ounces penne, cooked
- 1 bunch broccoli, cleaned trimmed cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put broccoli in a saucepan with the olive oil, garlic, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil,lower heat, cover tightly, and let steam until the broccoli is bright green and very crunchy about five minutes.
- Add pasta to broccoli.
- Mix in cheese.
- Top with red pepper flakes, scallions and pine nuts.